Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 3 March 2010

Not Knitting

not knitting 1

every now and again i venture into other crafty worlds

big in my world at the moment is making my own big knitting needles.

i got introduced to big knitting after helping on a Coat for a Boat last year and again at the Harrogate Knitting show.

since i now have a pair of big needles, i set about making my own bespoke ones and happily chisel and sand away for hours. i now have about 12 pairs - 6mm, 18mm and 30mm, and sawdust in my hair! right now i'm happy just to look at them - makes a change to the usual vase of lilys. but i may yet venture into the world of ETSY








not knitting 2 - Sewing!!!


I like my sewing machine but i am limited to squares or rectangles - nothing complicated.
So other projects have been dog bed covers and cushions.
I saw this Hungry Caterpillar material at a lovely fabric shop in Whitby , the whole piece (double sided) was only £5.50. I made a nice rectangular (of course) cushion for my MIL's play group. It was a Sunday morning, still in pyjamas, 30min project.

2 comments:

  1. Wo, I love your Little Cat. thingy - I might have a wander to Whitby on the train now the weather is picking up (I am in Newcastle)Which shop was it, and is it a general crafts shop orjustfabric?
    Love the Science Fest knitting, it looks even better inthe flesh, or should that be fibre?!
    Well done!!!!!!!!!
    (I am SkyNorth on Rav)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi it is an aladdins cave of all things sewing related. Directions from the station - cross the road to the George hotel and walk away from the station (so its behind you) take your next right, you will be walking up a steep hill with churches either side - the shop is half way up the hill. If i ever ventured beyond sewing rectangles into quilting I would go there. Its been in Whitby as long as I can remember..... let me know if you go. If you are after wool then go to Bobbins - its on the street that leads up to the Abbey.

    ReplyDelete